South Korea's military said this morning that North Korea fired a ballistic missile into the East Sea.
For more on this, we have our Bae Eun-ji on the line.
So Eun-ji, give us the latest details on this.
Well Mok-yeon, Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said North Korea fired one ballistic missile into the sea at about 10:17 AM this morning from the vicinity of Sinpo, Hamkyungnam-do Province.
This is where North Korea keeps its submarines, so there is a possibility that the latest launch was a test firing of a submarine-launched ballistic missile, or SLBM.
Seoul's military said it is currently investigating the launch to provide further details.
It also added that it's cooperating with the U.S. to closely monitor the situation.
Tuesday's launch follows a series of weapons tests by Pyongyang , including the recent launch of what the regime called a "hypersonic missile" last month.
This comes as top nuclear envoys from South Korea, U.S., and Japan are currently in Washington to discuss the North's missile launches and ways to resume talks with the regime.
It also comes as intelligence chiefs of the three countries were reportedly due to meet in Seoul to discuss the standoff with North Korea, as well as other issues.
Representatives of hundreds of international companies and international militaries are also gathered in Seoul for the opening ceremonies of the International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, which displays next-generation fighter aircraft, attack helicopters and other advanced weapons.
In response, South Korea's top office said it will hold a National Security meeting today to discuss the regime's missile launch.
That's all I have at this hour.
Back to you, Mok-yeon.