After weeks of will they or won't they North Korea and the U.S. have finally agreed to resume denuclearization talks.
North Korea's First Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui announced just a few hours ago that Pyeongyang-Washington working-level talks will take place on October 5th, following pre-arrangements that will be made the day before.
The announcement comes amid new factors that have emerged that could affect future negotiation strategies of the two sides.
An impeachment inquiry has been formally launched into U.S. President Trump's conduct, while North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is highly likely to visit China soon to mark 70 years of Pyeongyang-Beijing diplomatic ties.
Today we go in-depth on prospects of North Korea-U.S. denuclearization talks with Dr. Bong Young-shik, Researcher at Yonsei University Institute for North Korean Studies.
1. N. KOREA-U.S. NUKE TALKS WILL RESUME ON OCTOBER 5: N. KOREA'S FIRST VICE FM
2. BIGGEST FACTOR THAT LED N. KOREA, U.S. TO SETTLE ON DATE FOR NUKE TALKS
3. TRUMP'S NEW SECURITY ADVISOR O'BRIEN LIKELY TO HAVE PLAYED BIG PART?
4. KEY POINTS OF UPCOMING N. KOREA-U.S. NUKE TALKS
5. TRUMP'S "NEW METHOD" LIKELY TO BE BROUGHT TO TABLE?
6. EXPECTED OUTCOME OF N. KOREA-U.S. TALKS? MEANINGFUL PROGRESS EXPECTED?
7. POSSIBLE NEGOTIATION STRATEGY OF N. KOREA, U.S. ON SANCTIONS RELIEF?
8. N. KOREA CONTINUES TO BLAME S. KOREA FOR WORSENING INTER-KOREAN RELATIONS
9. IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY LAUNCHED INTO TRUMP. IMPACT ON N. KOREA-U.S. NUKE TALKS?
10. POSSIBILITY OF KIM JONG-UN'S VISIT TO CHINA & IMPACT ON N. KOREA-U.S. TALKS
11. Wang Yi, during UN speech said it is necessary for the UN to consider rolling back North Korea sanctions resolutions.
CHINESE FM SUGGESTS UN TO ROLL BACK N. KOREA SANCTIONS RESOLUTIONS
12. Moon stressed strong army and strong defense is the base for peace on the Korean Peninsula.
IMPLICATIONS OF PRES. MOON'S MESSAGE MARKING ARMED FORCES DAY