Ep. 12 What is Happening in the Travel Industry?
World Ch. Schedule : WED 20:30 KST
Date : 2022-07-27
The beleaguered travel industry is on high alert once again amid the latest resurgence of COVID-19 fueled by the BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron subvariants. The lifting of social distancing restrictions in April and the resumption of many long-suspended events and festivities had extended a lifeline to the tourism sector, but all that is threatening to become undone by a fresh rebound in COVID-19 infections. In this week’s edition of ‘What is’, we assess the latest situation surrounding Korea’s travel industry and how it can overcome the latest challenges being posed by the ongoing pandemic.
- BAE So-young, Professor / Dept. of Culture, Tourism and Content, Kyung Hee University
- JEONG Ran-soo, Adjunct Professor / Div. of Tourism Science, Hanyang University
- SHIN Sang-yop, Infectious Disease Specialist / Korea Medical Institute
- Dr. KIM Seung-taek, Virologist / Zoonotic Virus Lab, Institut Pasteur Korea
- Sandra CARVAO, Chief / Tourism Market Intelligence and Competitiveness, UNWTO
- Dr. Bob WACHTE, Chair / Dept. of Medicine, University of California San Francisco
#COVID19 #Resurgence #Variants #Omicron #BA.4 #BA.5 #Centaurus #Travel #Tourism #IncheonAirport #Beaches #Vacation #SocialDistancing #Casinos #Lodging #Festivals #UNWTO #AirFares