World Ch. Schedule : TUE 07:00 KST
Kang Ye-na, the new host of Arirang TV's The INNERview, will take you on location to meet and be inspired by some of the most fascinating people at the top of their respective fields!
Kang Ye-na, who took up ballet at the age of 10, became the first Korean to be admitted into The Royal Ballet School in England in 1990, after which she became the first Korean to join the Russian ballet company, Kirov Ballet (present-day Mariinsky Ballet), in 1994 and the American Ballet Theater in 1998. She was also the youngest person to be appointed the principal dancer at the Universal Ballet in Korea.
After ending her record-studded 26-year career in ballet in 2013, she quickly transitioned into a prolific host, lecturer, and musical actress. She has become highly sought after thanks to her global mindset, which she fostered throughout the years she spent overseas in the U.S., U.K., and Russia.
With her warm and bright personality, stunning beauty, openness and vast experience, Kang Ye-na is expected to engage guests and viewers alike as the host of The INNERview starting this April. So, join her on the journey to meet the illustrious figures that are demonstrating the excellence of Korea as well as its culture and people!
Don't miss out on the heart-to-heart interviews with some of the most well-respected figures from around the world!
- 1988 - 1989 Sunhwa Arts School
- 1989 - 1991 The Royal Ballet School (White Lodge) in England (first Korean ever to be admitted)
- 1991 - 1994 Kirov Academy of Ballet of Washington DC
- 1994 - 1996 Kirov Ballet in Russia (present-day Mariinsky Ballet)
- 1996 - 1998 Universal Ballet (youngest principal dancer)
- 1998 - 2004 American Ballet Theater (first Korean to be a member)
- 2004 - 2013 Universal Ballet (principal dancer)
- 2013 - Present Hosting various broadcasting programs and cultural events (post-retirement as a dancer)
- Host of Arte TV [Arts Together]
- English-speaking host of international cultural and arts events incl. the opening and closing ceremonies of the International Ballet Competition - Seoul
- Lectures at Seoul National Univ., Ewha Womans Univ., Dongguk Univ., Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, etc.