After the Global Financial Crisis, the world economy has fallen into an abyss. The major financial rating agencies have elevated their sovereignty ratings of Korea based on its stable economy. We will talk with David-Pierre Jalicon Chairman, The French Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry, about the current economy and the future.
- First Engine; Predictions for Future
Gathering views from around the world we will peer into the future and assess Korea’s new growth engine that has not slowed down amidst the depressed world economy.
- Second Engine; Palli-Palli Culture
Analyzing Korea’s secret in creating new growth engines that have propelled Korea into an information technology powerhouse and a big player in the Middle East’s booming construction business.
- Third Engine; Creative Human Resources
Assessing the mechanism underlying Korea’s content industry and how it has won over people from around the world. A look into the future of Korea’s content industry and education system that have nurtured creativity.
- Fourth Engine; R&D Investment
Korea has posted the highest jump in R&D spending among other developed nations. We delve deep into this public and private R&D push and study the current state of Korea’s economy.
■ MC: David-Pierre Jalicon / Chairman, The French Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry
■ Main Interviewee
* Alvin Toffler / Futurist
* Paul Krugman / Recipient of 2008 Nobel Prize in Economics
* Peter A. Petri / Professor of International Finance, Brandeis International Business School
* Marcus Noland / Deputy Director, Peterson Institute for International Economics
* Ulrich Blum / Professor of Economics, University of Halle-Wittenberg
* Daron Acemoglu / Professor of Economics, MIT