IS video claims to show beheading of 2nd U.S. journalistUpdated: 2014-09-03 04:36:46 (KST)
Time now for a look through the international headlines we're following this Wednesday morning. For that, we turn to our Eunice Kim, standing by at the NewsCenter. Good morning, Eunice.
Good morning, Mark. Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq have released a new video, this time purporting to show the beheading of captured U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff.
The gruesome video titled "A Second Message to America" looked a lot like the execution video of another U.S. journalist James Foley released two weeks earlier.
The masked man in the clip - presumably the same man with a British accent - said the killing was the promised retribution for continued U.S. air strikes in Iraq.
At the end of the clip was another hostage dressed in a similar orange jumpsuit, identified as British citizen David Cawthorne Haines whose life the Islamic State fighter threatened to kill.
In Washington, the State Department said intelligence analysts were working to authenticate the video.
The family of Steven Sotloff said they were "grieving privately" while waiting confirmation.
The 31-year-old journalist had freelanced for Time and Foreign Policy magazines before disappearing in Syria in August of last year.
Reporter : email@example.com