arirang news

The World On arirang

WED, 2015-11-25 KST

arirang Head Menu

Ruling party to elect new leadership at convention Monday Updated: 2014-07-14 14:28:28 KST

The ruling Saenuri Party will elect a new chairperson and four Supreme Council members at a party convention this evening, and President Park Geun-hye is scheduled to deliver a keynote address there.
The two frontrunners for the party's top spot are Suh Chung-won , a seven-term lawmaker and confidant of President Park, and Kim Moo-sung, a five-term lawmaker who once led the pro-Park faction but now represents a non-pro Park faction.
The results, which will be determined by a combination of votes cast by some 200-thousand party members and a public opinion poll, are expected to affect the Saenuri Party's relations with the presidential office.
The votes will make up 70 percent of the result and the poll will count for the remaining 30 percent.


KOGL : Korea Open Government License
본 저작물 중 본문에 해당하는 뉴스 스크립트는 공공누리 제1유형-출처표시 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.
단, 영상 자료는 저작권 문제로 자유이용이 제한되니, 담당자에게 확인하여 주시기 바랍니다.
(국제방송교류재단 김형선 : ☎02-3475-5263)