Israel has called on residents of the northern Gaza Strip to evacuate, suggesting another attack is imminent.
This after Israel's naval commandos on Sunday launched a brief raid on a site it said was used by Palestinian militants to fire about 90 rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israel the day before.
Israel on Saturday night had carried out overnight air strikes against Gaza's security headquarters and police stations in the heaviest bombardment since operations began on July 8th.
Gaza officials say that at least 159 Palestinians have died in the air strikes so far.
Though Israel says it is targeting Hamas militants and facilities, the UN estimates that 77 percent of those killed in Gaza have been civilians.
The UN Security Council issued a statement Saturday calling for a ceasefire and peace talks, marking the first time the UN has stepped in since the Israeli offensive began.
본 저작물 중 본문에 해당하는 뉴스 스크립트는 공공누리 제1유형-출처표시 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.
단, 영상 자료는 저작권 문제로 자유이용이 제한되니, 담당자에게 확인하여 주시기 바랍니다.
(국제방송교류재단 김형선 : ☎02-3475-5263)