North Korea fired two short-range projectiles from its east coast earlier this Wednesday morning its third launch in less than a week and the 12th so far this year.
Officials from South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the rockets were fired from a site near Wonsan, flew about 180 kilometers and are believed to have landed in North Korean territorial waters.
The South Korean military is maintaining its vigilance against additional launches.
An unnamed military officer said the North may be trying to gain attention ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to Seoul OR that the launches could also be in response to South Korea's rejection earlier this week of a North Korean proposal to end military hostilities.
본 저작물 중 본문에 해당하는 뉴스 스크립트는 공공누리 제1유형-출처표시 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.
단, 영상 자료는 저작권 문제로 자유이용이 제한되니, 담당자에게 확인하여 주시기 바랍니다.
(국제방송교류재단 김형선 : ☎02-3475-5263)