It was back in December 2010 when Qatar beat out Japan, the U.S, Australia and Korea to host the 2022 World Cup.
"I'm speechless because you see my voice, I lost my voice because I scream so loud. But congratulations, Qatar. It deserves it."
But the bidding process for the global event was entrenched in corruption, according to the Sunday Times.
The British daily says it has obtained proof that Qatari official Mohamed bin Hammam paid FIFA officials 5 million U.S. dollars while lobbying them to vote for Qatar.
The daily says it has hundreds of millions of emails, accounts and documents that detail the payments.
The revelations have FIFA facing calls to rerun the bidding competition for the 2022 World Cup.
FIFA's Vice President Jim Boyce says he would support the move if the corruption allegations were indeed proven true.
The decision to have Qatar host the World Cup had been at the center of controversy given its lack of footballing history as well as its intense summer heat.
"Many people were surprised when it went there, so I don't think they'll be surprised that perhaps there are suggestions that it wasn't all above board"
Qatar strongly denies the claims and insists that Bin Hammam never had an official role in supporting the country's bid.
Yoo Li-an, Arirang News.