The Nigerian terror group Boko Haram released a 27-minute video on YouTube Monday in which they say they'll release some of the teenage girls they kidnapped last month, in exchange for jailed fighters.
"By Allah, these girls will not leave our hands until you release our brothers in your prison, We will not let them go until you release our brothers."
Around 130 of the abducted girls were shown in the video wearing full veils, citing the first verse of the Quran.
The Nigerian government says it is reviewing all options, but the nation's interior minister appeared to dismiss the offer, saying no exchange would take place.
Nigeria has deployed two army divisions for the search and rescue operations, while several countries including the United States, France and Israel have sent experts to the region.
U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki on Monday said that Washington has deployed manned surveillance aircraft to Nigeria, and is sharing commercial satellite imagery with the Nigerian government to help in the search.
Boko Haram militants abducted more than 300 schoolgirls in mid-April from a boarding school in the north of Nigeria.
Some have since escaped, but well over 200 are still being held.
The militant group has been engaged in violent campaigns against the Nigerian government since 2009.
Kim Hyun-bin, Arirang News.