And fresh speculations are rising as a personnel from Danwon Highschool claims that he or she received a phone call from the Jeju Coast Guard at around 8:10 a.m. on the day of the accident.
For the details, we now go to our Laah Hyun-kyung standing by at the news center.
Hyun-kyung, what is this about?
Daniel, the Gyeonggi-do Provincial Office of Education held a press briefing
earlier in the day.
It said the person received a call from someone who claimed to be from the Jeju Coast Guard. The caller asked for a phone number of a teacher that went on that field trip with more than 300 Danwon High School students, that they could reach saying they lost contact with the Sewol-ho ferry.
The time of the call is said to be around 8:10 a.m. Wednesday -- that's about 40 minutes before the Sewol-ho ferry is recorded to have first contacted the marine traffic service at its destination, Jeju Island.
With this development, questions about whether Jeju Coast Guard officials knew if there was something wrong with the ferry well in advance, are being raised.
If that is the case, it looks like Jeju officials might face heavy criticism for not taking emergency measures promptly.
An official investigation will determine that.
But the Jeju Coast Guard initially denies having made that call saying there is no reason for the Jeju Coast Guard to be involved since the ferry was sinking at an area that is controlled by the Coast Guard's West Regional Headquarters.
So there's still a lot more investigating to be done regarding this case speaking of which -- how is the investigation progressing?
Currently, two separate investigations are on-going to solve some of the mysteries surrounding the case.
One is being conducted jointly by prosecutors and police officers, the other is handled solely by the prosecution -- a special probe launched under Prosecutor General Kim Jin-tae's direct order on Sunday.
The joint investigation team earlier in the day received arrest warrants for four additional crew members.
This comes after three crew members including the captain were arrested over the weekend.
We are getting reports that the 20-year-old Sewol-ho ferry underwent months of renovation to extend its sailing-life for more than 7 years.
Some 20 people related to the renovation have been summoned for questioning as well.
The ferry operator, Cheong Haejin Marine company, is also under investigation.
The prosecutorial special investigative team has also imposed travel bans on the operator's president, Kim Han-sik, as well as Yoo Byung-eon , the former chairmen of the operator's parent firm, and his two sons who are the biggest shareholders of the company.
In the meantime, we are also just getting reports that one of the engineers of the ferry that went through questioning sessions by investigators attempted to hang himself.
His colleagues found him just before he could go through with it.
The person has been transferred to near-by hospital and is reportedly in stable condition.