Apple fails to win U.S. ban on Samsung devicesUpdated: 2014-03-07 21:55:32 (KST)
A U.S. court has rejected Apple's request for a permanent sales ban on Samsung products.
In her ruling Thursday, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh said Apple had not presented enough evidence to show its patented features were a significant enough driver of consumer demand to warrant an injunction.
Judge Koh wrote that numerous features -- such as battery life, MP3 player functionality, operating system, text messaging options, GPS and processor speed -- were not tested by Apple for the purpose of litigation to see whether they are highly important to U.S. consumers.
Apple had earlier stated that around 23 models of Samsung's older smartphones and tablets, including the Galaxy S-4-G and the Galaxy Tab 10.one, infringed upon its patents.
This ruling comes ahead of another patent trial, set to begin later this month involving newer Samsung phones, and could negatively affect any further attempts by Apple to block the sales of those models as well.
In a statement, Samsung said it was pleased with the ruling.
Apple has yet to comment.
Apple and Samsung have been locked in legal battles over patents across the globe for nearly three years.
In a separate case in 2012, Apple was awarded more than 900-million U.S. dollars by a U.S. court over Samsung, which earned 7.7-billion U.S. dollars last quarter.
Kim Ji-yeon, Arirang News.
Reporter : email@example.com