1. Agreement to collect profile information
The Company uses customers’ personal information for the following purposes:
◦ Implementation of terms and conditions of service and provision of information on service fees
◦ Real-name authorization for service members; personal identification; prevention of fraudulent and unauthorized use; confirmation of an individual’s intention to subscribe to a service; age confirmation; confirmation of the existence of a legal representative of users younger than 14 when collecting their personal information; announcements
2. Personal information requested by Arirang
- User ID
- Distinction of Sex
- Phone Number
- IP Address
3. Collection and Areas of Use of Personal Information
New services and products for marketing and advertising purposes; advertising information such as events; statistics on the frequency of service use and membership service.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
5. Sharing information with third parties
Arirang shall not leak or provide information supplied by members to third parties without member consent. However, Arirang can provide or share with other companies the information needed to increase the quality of service for members, compile statistical data or conduct a market survey as long as this does not violate relevant laws.
6. Procedure and Methods of Personal Information Deletion
The Company deletes personal information immediately after the purpose of its use has been achieved. The deletion procedure and methods are as follows.
◦ Deletion procedure
Information that users insert when subscribing to a service is relocated to a special database (a special file for paper documents) after the purpose of its use has been attained. It is stored there for a legally permitted period of time for specific purposes (see “Storage and Period of Use of Personal Information”) before being deleted.
Personal information that has been placed in a special database is not used for other purposes, except for legally required ones.
◦ Deletion method
- Personal information stored in electronic files is deleted using technical methods that prevent its restoration.
7. Membership withdrawal
Users of Arirang’s Web site can delete their personal information collected by Arirang anytime. To delete a user account, either go to the “My Arirang” page and click on the “Account Deletion,” or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Rights of Users and Legal Representatives and Methods of Exercising Those Rights
Users and legal representatives can view and modify at any time their registered personal information or the personal information of children under 14 who they represent.
They can also request that they be unsubscribed.
To view or modify personal information, users should click on “Update Personal Information” (or “Update Member Information”); to quit their membership, users should click on “Unsubscribe” (“Withdraw Consent”). They can also request a person in charge of personal information management to modify their personal data or sever their membership in writing, over the phone or via email.
When users request that errors in their personal information be corrected, they cannot use or access their information until correction is completed. If a user’s personal information containing an error has already been provided to a third party, the corrected information will be provided to the third party immediately.
Arirang Internet processes personal information that has been deleted at the user’s request or at the request of a legal representative according to the terms and conditions described in “Storage and Period of Use of Personal Information” to prevent its viewing or use for other purposes.
9. Period for holding and using personal information
All unnecessary information is deleted upon un-subscription to prevent re-subscription within one month Storage period: immediate deletion upon un-subscription
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications.
11. Staff dealing with personal information
- Name : Kim Oe-sik
- Department : Newmedia Team
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Name : Lee Taek-soo
- Department : Newmedia Team
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Complaints on personal information related
For more questions on privacy protection contact the following organs:
Korea Information Security Agency (http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr Tel. 82-02-1336)